As we previously reported, DePuy has recalled its ASR hip replacement device. There are thousands of cases pending across the country related to the ASR device. This blog provides some of the warning signs that your ASR device has failed. This list is not comprehensive and should not be substituted for the judgment of your physician or medical provider. If you have had a DePuy ASR hip implant, it is recommended that you contact your medical provider immediately. Some of the reported signs that your device has failed or is otherwise defective include:
- The inability to squat to the full range you should be able to post-surgery or post-therapy;
- Pain or continued pain in the hip, leg, lower back or groin area after the appropriate healing time has passed;
- The feeling that something is loose or not fully connected in your hip area;
- An audible “click” or “popping” sound in the hip area; and
- The inability to fully move or a limitation on your normal range of motion.
Again, this list of symptoms or observations is not exhaustive. It is strongly recommended that you contact your medical provider to discuss your DePuy ASR device.
If you have had a hip replacement, which used the DePuy ASR or DePuy Pinnacle devices, you can contact Stark & Stark and speak to one of the Mass Tort attorneys, free of charge, who can help assess any claims that you might have against the DePuy manufacturers.